Re: pg_backrest no longer backing up

Hi Aldo,

On 3/8/17 5:53 PM, Aldo Sarmiento wrote:

> Actually got it figured out. Main thing is that I should clarify that
> the aforementioned crontab was irrelevant since I was looking at the
> replica.
>
> Once logged into master, the crontab is intact and uncommented.

That makes sense.

> The
> problem was that a backup failed and pg_backrest was failing to start.
>
> I tried adding auto-stop=true to conf, but it didn't help. In the end I
> just did pg_stop_backup() and things are running smoothly now.

The option is actually stop-auto:

http://www.pgbackrest.org/user-guide.html#backup/option-stop-auto

But it wasn't added until 0.80 so wouldn't work for you anyway.

> As for the upgrade, yes that's a need we have. Just trying to see if we
> can migrate our current backups to work with the new version so we don't
> lose ability for PITR.

It might be possible but would require specialized knowledge and custom
code.  We decided to make a clean break at 1.0 and require users to
create a new repository due to the number of changes in the format.

Regards,
--
-David
david@xxxxxxxxxxxxx