Re: Data replication to PostgreSQL

> On Dec 29, 2016, at 09:35, Ram DBA <postgresdbas@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Hi team,
>
> We have an use case to copy the data from Salesforce to PostgreSQL environment but because of DDL changes that can happen to tables from Salesforce application side, replication would eventually fail. Do we have any open source tools that can also capture the DDL changes and replicate to PostgreSQL?

Are you using an export tool provided by salesforce, or a custom tool against their APIs?

  Either way, you don't have access to their database, you should be dumping the data to a CSV and importing the CSV to postgres. It's been a while since I've monkeyed with it, There may be a new way of doing this, but I doubt it. As long as your export tool always creates a csv in the right format, you'll be fine. If you aren't ordering your columns or are using *, you'll never get a good read. Use the toon or API to create a consistent file each time in some standard format and you'll be as okay as possible.

--
Scott Mead via mobile
Skype  : scottm.openscg