Re: Read performance on Large Table

On May 21, 2015, at 9:45 AM, Keith <keith@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> If you're just going to do basic time series partitioning, I've written a tool that manages most of it for you. Also does retention management as well and can dump out the old partitions automatically.

Yep, make some partitions ahead of time, plus cron to periodically run in order to stay ahead, is an alternative approach.

> I'm in the process of getting v2.0.0 out that has a lot of new work done, but will only be compatible with Postgres 9.4 (since it uses background workers to have scheduling built in). So if you want to wait, I should have that out soon.

I wouldn’t mind that—I did it the way I did partly because I wanted it all self-contained in PG without external (cron or launchd or…) configuration dependencies.

--
Scott Ribe
scott_ribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx