Re: Read performance on Large Table

On May 21, 2015, at 8:54 AM, Kido Kouassi <jjkido@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> 2: Create an index on the Timestamp column sin it is the one we use the most in queries.

Absolutely. Go ahead right now.

Note that you can use the CONCURRENTLY option to create index, and it will not require a lock on the table, so you can do it while the db is being used. It takes longer, sometimes a lot longer, than the regular create, but who cares? Start it and leave it.

After you’ve done that and seen how much benefit you get just from indexing your most-commonly used column, post a range of common queries back here for further advice.

--
Scott Ribe
scott_ribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx