Re: Streaming replication and WAL archiving

I've had some issues with pg_upgrade and 9.4. For my test systems, as I didn't really have the resources to diagnose what was going on, I just used a pg_dumpall to unload the 9.3.3 instance and then just ran psql to load the output from pg_dumpall.

The more wonderful part of installing different minor versions of postgresql, is that most O/S packages put the binaries and the default data directories in slightly different areas, so they can co-exist, just not necessarily run at the same time without specifying different connect ports.