cannot drop an extension

Hi all,

My pg_upgrade woes continue... The primary server, V9.3.3, was originally used as a testbed for pgpool-II, although we ended up chosing pacemaker and corosync instead. When pgpool was installed, the instructions have you add a pgpool-regclass extension. Naturally, trying to upgrade to V9.4.0 fails and pg_upgrade writes a loadable_libraries.txt saying that $libdir/pgpool-regclass cannot be found. So, I restarted the original database, and connected to both my csg_db instance and to the template1 instance, then tried issuing a "drop extension pgpool-reglass", but the both the db's say it does not exist. I also tried dropping it by enclosing the extension name in quotes, both single and double with no joy. Then, I tried looking in pg_extensions, but I didn't see any similar entry there either. How can I get rid of this extension so that pg_upgrade will complete successfully? I've asked on the pgpool admin list, but as it's the middle of the night in Japan, I'm not expecting an immediate answer, if any.
--
Jay