How to detect if Postgres needs a restart when configuration changes

I am automating Postgres deployment on Linux and I need to check if Postgres needs to be restarted when a configuration parameter that requires a restart changes, e.g. when you change wal_level. Is there a way to detect a parameter which requires a restart was changed?

Reading the log file after sending SIGHUP is not possible to automate. I know I can query pg_settings and then compare relevant parameters from the conf file, but that means I will need to check all parameters which I set and which require a restart. I only need to know if postgres requires a restart.

Strahinja Kustudić