Re: Oracle Postgres Conversion

Hey, sorry I did not read your message properly, You can use ora2pg for doing initial dumps and probably tools like symmetricds for cross database replication.

Thanks
Goutham

From: gouthamgoud@xxxxxxxx
To: gabriele.lohss@xxxxxxxxx; pgsql-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [ADMIN] Oracle Postgres Conversion
Date: Mon, 26 May 2014 23:04:58 +0530

Ora2pg works perfectly. Try it !!

Thanks
Goutham

Date: Mon, 26 May 2014 14:28:58 +0200
Subject: [ADMIN] Oracle Postgres Conversion
From: gabriele.lohss@xxxxxxxxx
To: pgsql-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi,

I'm looking for a nice tool for a Oracle to Postgres-Conversion. Currently we're runnning python-scripts collecting data from the oracle and updating in the postgres every 3 hours. but whta we really need is a nearly up-to-date clone of the oracle which will be used in our productive systems for the next couple of years. We don't want to migrate, we just need a proper replication procedure.

Has anyone experience with tools like the xDBReplicationmanager of EnterpriseDB or ora2pg?

Thanks for any hints.

Regards,
Gaby