Re: Internationalization

> Hi All;
>
> we want to store data in a generic fashion (COLLATION / ENCODING?)
>
> and then define on the fly which language to display it in, as well as force
> that language rules for indexes & sorting.  I know how to set COLLATION for
> the sorting / index rules but how would I force the select results to be
> displayed in another language such as French or German?

I'm not quite sure what you want to achieve here. PostgreSQL can't possibly
know what language the data in a given column is in, so you'd need to have
some kind of identifier (e.g. separate column specifying the language).

A more concrete example of what you want to do would help.

Regards

Ian Barwick