Re: Request for help

* ramanajvv@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

We have a unix group "mhubrpt" on DB2 unix server and have connect permissions to DB2 database for that group.
Whenever user needs access to DB2 database we will add that user to DB2 unix server and assign to group mhubrpt, then user was getting access to DB2 database.
If user wants to connect DB2 database through graphical tool like Toad from any other windows operated machine he used to give unix server login credential (userid and password) at Tool.

We are planning to maintain same type of authentication in PostgreSQL, can you please help us.

You should be able to use PAM authentication, but you will have to duplicate the users/groups in the database as well because PostgreSQL does not refer to the system's user accounts.

If you want to create users in only one place, that must be the database.

--
Christian