Re: Streaming replication and partitions

On 05/16/2013 01:36 PM, Victor Tan wrote:
I am basically familiar with postgreSQL (in older incarnations) but have
not really done a streaming replication (WAL) setup before.

In planning for my setup, I am going to use table partitioning and
tablespaces to keep things as quick as "possible".  However, in a
streaming replication environment, will the slave and the master have to
be _exactly_ the same in terms of tablespaces?  Is it possible some
TBSPACE01 on the master be on /sda1 and the same TBSPACE01 on the slave
be on /sdb1?

Yes, as long as sdb1 points to the same directory that sda1 on the other server points to.

Will I have to set up identical hardware and identical drives and
directory structure between the master and slave?

Only in the sense of the database directories, tablespaces are directory specific.

JD

Thanks.

- Victor Tan

High Availability, Oracle Conversion, Postgres-XC
@cmdpromptinc - 509-416-6579