Re: Sr. Postgres DBA

On 05/10/2013 06:37 AM, Craig James wrote:
On Thu, May 9, 2013 at 5:01 PM, Miu, Monica <Monica.Miu@xxxxxxxxxxx
<mailto:Monica.Miu@xxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    Hi all,____

    __ __

    My name is Monica Miu and I work in Talent Acquisition for Asurion
    Mobile Applications

Basically you just pissed everyone off that you're trying to recruit.
This is a highly technical discussion group, and posting job listings
here is nothing less than spamming.  Try the postgres-jobs newsgroup
instead.

Craig,

That is now how we work in this community and the mailing lists postgres-jobs doesn't exist.

Monica,

I appreciate the frustration in finding qualified PostgreSQL candidates. I have several customers that have been asking me to help them do the same and the reality is, if you are a "Sr." DBA you are already gainfully employed or gratefully enjoying a feast of a Consultant career.

The mailing list that Craig is speaking of is pgsql-jobs and you are probably better off posting there.

Good luck to you,

Joshua D. Drake