Re: top posting?

Szymon Guz, 06.05.2013 20:25:

That's strange. I've never met any newsgroup which would require top
posting. Top posting has always been considered rude.

We are reading from top to bottom. That's why people should answer
below cited text, so we can read it later normally. I mean that I
should read first the part of email you answer to, and than below
your answer.

With a newsreader that show threads instead of individual messages it's easier
to read a top-post answer because you don't need to scroll down. You just click
on the question, read it, click on the first answer, the answer is right there
at the top, click on the next and so on.

But I do understand that for someone who wants to understand a reply without reading
the previous post, bottom posting is more natural.

I personally don't really care, but what I really find annoying are bottom posters
that do not trim the quoted message - especially if the original message was quite long.