Re: Copy one database to another server

On 05/02/2013 03:01 PM, Huan Ruan wrote:
Hi All

We are migrating from Firebird to Postgres. One task we frequently perform is to copy one database from one server to another...
I think it would be helpful to know *why* you do this (backup, forensics, development, shifting load among virtual machines or ???) as well as a better idea of how often you do this, how long it takes and the amount of downtime you consider acceptable. That way we may be better able to come up with a way of solving the actual problem you are facing.

There are a number of non-core replication solutions such as Slony and many can migrate a single database or even specific table(s).

Cheers,
Steve