Re: corrupted indexes when using base backups generated from hot standby

On 26.01.2013 01:28, Lonni J Friedman wrote:
On Tue, Jan 15, 2013 at 2:57 AM, Heikki Linnakangas
<hlinnakangas@xxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
That process sounds correct. Since you're using pg_basebackup -x option, you
don't even need to copy the WAL logs, although it shouldn't do any harm
either . The tar file should contain everything needed to restore the
backup.

Can you provide more information? The log output would be nice. How large is
the database? What kind of activity is there in the master while the backup
is taken?

Sorry for the delayed reply, I was out of the office.

The database is about 530GB uncompressed.  The master is quite busy
all the time, with inserts, updates&  deletes.

I've attached all the recent errors.  I could send you the entire log
if you'd prefer, its about 800KB compressed.

Thanks. I'm afraid I didn't get any wiser from the log output. Since this is a test system, could you reduce the test case into something smaller and self-contained?

- Heikki