Re: Database archive solutions

> Your question isn't specific enough.  What does "not compromised" mean?
Every technique for archiving records has some impact on some part of your
system.  Is a 0.1% impact too
> much?  A 1% impact?  A 10% impact?  A factor of 2 slowdown?

Sorry if my original question has not clearly conveyed my requirement.
First, let me accept that I'm not a good DBA Expert (am a beginner), however
I'm trying to learn things.
Actually, am finding out various techniques/options *itself* available for
archiving database records. Based on the techniques available, I can
see/assess on how much it could impact our application, so that I can choose
one and adopt that suits our needs. In fact your response was an eye-opener
for me to think further in detail.

> Do you need real-time archiving, a few minutes delay, or once a month
backup?

Yes, we're looking for real-time archiving.  Once the records are archived,
Users in the application should able to perform search within archives also
after few minutes of time.

> Do you need a hot standby or records that can be retrieved in a few hours?

It would be helpful if you can share the techniques/options available for
hot standby also.