triggers are not shared between parent and child tables?

I implemented table partition recently and found that the tiggers on parent table are not working any more, except the before insert trigger which redirects data to children table. The after insert/update triggers are not working now. I understand the after insert trigger may not working since the before insert trigger redirects inserts to children table and returns null. But why the update triggers are also not working? I googled and found this article(http://www.peachpit.com/articles/article.aspx?p=31206&seqNum=3) mentions "triggers are not shared between parent and child tables". is it true? Maybe I overlooked but somehow I didn't find this in partition part of postgresql doc(http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.1/static/ddl-partitioning.html).