Re: I've got gaps in the log files?

Am 06.03.2012 18:38, schrieb Tom Lane:
Andreas<maps.on@xxxxxxx>  writes:
it appeares I've got gaps in the log files.
It's a PG 9.1 from the OpenSuse 12.1 distribution.
I know the server is running so it should dump it's feelings all the
time in those files in PGDATA/pg_log.
But I find huge gaps where nothing is written.
The only suggestion that comes to mind offhand is to check the logfile
rotation parameters in postgresql.conf.  Maybe the missing log entries
went to a file that got truncated and rewritten afterwards because of
poorly selected rotation parameters.

I left them on defaults.
Actually they are even commented out.

#log_truncate_on_rotation = off
#log_rotation_age = 1d
#log_rotation_size = 10MB

It's not as if I expect particularily huge log files anyway.
On most days its just the one that got created when the rotation starts a new one like
postgresql-2012-03-07_000000.log

regards Andreas