Re: PG synchronous replication and unresponsive slave

Thanks for your views.

(1) Will try out emptying synchronous_standby_names on replica failures and verify if the transactions proceeds thru.

(2) We are not comfortable moving to PGPool just for automatic failback mode on hot-standby failure. Any suggestions on how to build this failback mechanism for master in PG9.1.2 ? We are using C interface for PG. Any kind of health checking that we can do on the master to detect the hot-standby problem and let master reload its config with empty synchronous_standby_names ?

Any help is much appreciated.

thanks,
Manoj