setting timezone

We are moving a number of databases to new hardware. Some of these machines have the timezone set in the database differently then the actual location of the machine as they are access from a different timezone. We were surprised to note that when we dump the database and reloaded it on the new machine, it did not retain the timezone setting.

Is there a way to retain this information from the original database when reloading?

Thanks.

--
Until later, Geoffrey

the pretense of taking care of them."