Re: Out of memory

On Thu, Jul 21, 2011 at 04:36:56PM +0200, Tom Lane wrote:

> Almost always, when you get a cascade of error messages, the thing to
> look at is the *first* error, or first few errors.  Not the last ones.
>
> In this case I'd guess that a COPY command failed and psql is now trying
> to process the COPY data as SQL commands, but you'll never be able to
> tell any more than that without seeing the error message that the COPY
> reported.

Thanks Tom. That is something that makes a lot of sense.

I have done two things and one or both of them made a difference:
moved the database to a partition with more free space and I deleted and
recreated the database.

I could successfully import the data now.

Regards
Johann

--
Johann Spies                            Telefoon: 021-808 4699
Databestuurder /  Data manager

Sentrum vir Navorsing oor Evaluasie, Wetenskap en Tegnologie
Centre for Research on Evaluation, Science and Technology
Universiteit Stellenbosch.

     "Children, obey your parents in the Lord: for this is
      right."             Ephesians 6:1