Re: Help compiling --with-ldap on Solaris 11 Express?

On 7/2/11 7:16 PM, "Tom Lane" <tgl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> I'm pretty sure this is a Solaris-specific set of problems, starting
>>with
>> the fact that instead of libldap_r.so it's got libldap_r-2.4.so and the
>> configure script can't sort that out even though nm shows that
>> ldap_r-2.4.so does in fact have the function it's griping about
>> (ldap_simple_bind) in both the 32-bit and 64-bit versions.
>
>The Oracle documentation avers that "-lldap" ought to be sufficient;
>see for example ldap_simple_bind page in
>http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E19963-01/pdf/821-1466.pdf
>and even without that evidence it's hard to believe that they'd expect
>calling applications to hardwire a library version number into their
>build scripts.

They don't; they cheat and symlink:
root@testdb:/home/locadmin/postgresql-9.0.4# ls -l /usr/lib/libldap.so
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     root          12 Jul  2 14:48 /usr/lib/libldap.so
-> libldap.so.5

But there's no such libldap_r.so symlink created by default.

>So I'm pretty sure that there *should* be a libldap_r.so someplace.
>You could possibly try symlinking that to the version-numbered library.

Yep, and I did that to get past the configure problems, which allows me to
encounter a whole new problem in make :^)

>If all else fails you could --disable-thread-safety.

Is that safe to do on a server with a few dozen concurrent users?
--
Dave Pooser
Cat-Herder-in-Chief, Pooserville.com