Re: Import image into postgresql database

Ciao Francesco,

On Fri, 1 Jul 2011 12:13:33 +0200 (CEST), "francescoboccacci@xxxxxxxxx" <francescoboccacci@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I tried to insert in both ways. With oid type i able to insert images, but
with bytea i don't understand how store it .

I would definitely suggest to use 'bytea' column rather than large objects support in PostgreSQL, as it is much simpler to manage.

INSERT INTO  images (img) VALUES (pg_escape_bytea('C:\\9999.jpg'))

bytea is an array of bytes, it is like a binary string. You must provide directly the binary content yourself in your SQL query (PostgreSQL does not have a clue about where your locale file is).

Loading must be performed at client level, using your favourite application language, then passed to PostgreSQL. Every major language now is able to deal with PostgreSQL's bytea type transparently. Otherwise, you can still do it yourself, by properly formatting every input byte in your SQL query using the format described here: http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.0/static/datatype-binary.html

but it doesn't work.
So How can i solve my problem? and another question.. If i able to store my
image into bytea fiels..how can i export it for see it for example
with paint?

You still have to think in terms of binary information, sequences of bytes. Your application might return it via the web (typical case) or save it locally in a temporary folder for display.

Ciao,
Gabriele

--
 Gabriele Bartolini - 2ndQuadrant Italia