Index size growing

Hi,

I have 50 GB data base folder for postgres. Out of 50 GB 20 GB has been occupied by 8 indexes of a single table by growing upto 2 GB each. I googled and got the info that reindex will help brining back the actual size of the index. But the disk has only 4 GB left . Due to this, when i run reindex it is getting almost full. I don't know exactly why it is growing like that during reindex. Due to this i am not able to complete the reindex and see if i get back the disk spacce. Please suggest me a good solution and the way that i am doing is logical or not.

Regards,
Rajendra