How to upgrade PostgreSQL minor releases without a dump/restore?

Hi,

Our production server is running PostgreSQL v8.2.3 on CentOS5.2. We're
planning to upgrade to the latest version in 8.2 series, that is v8.2.20.
Also, in future, we've planned to upgrade to the most recent minor release
as soon as possible (as and when released by PostgreSQL).

Initially, we've installed v8.2.3 from source. PostgreSQL is installed in
/usr/local/pgsql/ and data directory is available in /usr/local/pgsql/data

PostgreSQL Versioning policy says: "Upgrading to a minor release does not
require a dump and restore; merely stop the database server, install the
updated binaries, and restart the server."

Now, without a dump/restore, what are the recommended ways/steps involved in
upgrading PostgreSQL to latest version for minor releases?

Regards,
Gnanam