Postgres on NAS/NFS

I am considering running a Postgres with the database hosted on a NAS via NFS. I have read a few things on the Web saying this is not recommended, as it will be slow and could potentially cause data corruption.

My goal is to have the database on a shared filesystem so in case of server failure, I can start up a standby Postgres server and point it to the same database. I would rather not use a SAN as I have heard horror stories about managing them. Also they are extremely expensive. A DAS would be another option, but I'm not sure if a DAS can be connected to two servers for server failover purposes.

Currently I am considering not using a shared filesystem and instead using replication between the two servers.

I am wondering what solutions have others used for my active-passive Postgres failover scenario? Is a NAS still not a recommended approach? Will a DAS work? Or is replication the best approach?