Re: pgadmin user access control features

On Tue, 04 Jan 2011 11:04:56 -0600, Dan Sabin <dan.sabin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The two options are to give them a query tool we design so we can restrict their actions (to prevent the database from being screwed up).

If their user still has access to doing other things it might be possible for that data to be modified using regular postgres tools, which is a a security risk of sorts. Perhaps it might be best for you to setup certain functions or stored procedures that their database user only has access to? I assume this is possible, anyway.

Regards,

Mark