Re: GUI ERD/ERM tools?

On Fri, 12 Nov 2010 08:40:54 -0600, Lou Picciano <loupicciano@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

What tools are each of you using for ERD ERM? pgAmin's Graphical Query Builder is helpful, but doesn't address the need.

I'm not a database guru and I'm not 100% clear on "ERD ERM", but I will try to help anyway :)

I used to work at an Oracle-heavy shop and the preference for the DBAs and developers was a tool called TOAD. You can find this software at http://toadworld.com/. It doesn't seem to be well known outside of the Oracle circles, but if their support for Postgres is half as good as their support for Oracle I think you would find it to be an amazing tool for visualizing the database, building queries, etc.

Good luck!

Regards,

Mark