Re: query execution time

 2010.10.06 17:03, Kevin Grittner raÅÄ:
Version string:   PostgreSQL 8.3.4 on i686-pc-linux-gnu, compiled
by GCC gcc (GCC) 4.1.2 (Gentoo 4.1.2 p1.0.2)
https://sites.google.com/site/juliaustestukas/Home

Well, you're showing us a version string for a Linux PostgreSQL
server, but you link to a screen shot which appears to be a client
connecting to localhost on some variety of Windows.  And you didn't
tell us much of anything else.

You are right - we connect to localhost on windows machine because we use ssh tunel to the postgresql server on gentoo linux. The server does not have GUI, so no pgAdmin too... The DB is used for web application writen in PHP. As the DB and WEB servers are on the same machine we can rule out the network issues I guess... The query (in the screen shot) was found in postgresql server logs as a long lasting query. I will try issue the EXPLAIN ANALIZE query from the command line on server machine to be 100% sure this is not related to networking. The behavior described is observed when there is high server usage. Using "server status" tool shows several such queries executed suddenly and then after some waiting everything goes back to normal. The top command on the server shows it has enough of ram (~200Mb free all the time).

--
Julius Tuskenis
Programavimo skyriaus vadovas