Re: Firebird To postgresql migration help needed

Scott Marlowe wrote:
I use nano or vi for most stuff.  Both can do color coding quite nicely
for .sql files.

mnavahan wrote:
i [sic] need powerful IDE for it with modernize options (extended editor) rich
good ....

Scott Marlowe wrote:
Got me.  Maybe eclipse has a nice plugin?

I find both Eclipse and NetBeans to be quite sufficient as SQL editors and admin/edit/query front ends for any database system that has a JDBC driver. They probably aren't quite as useful if you aren't using Java, although both have C/C++ capability. I'm not familiar with other IDEs.

No extra plugins were required with the current versions that I downloaded, namely NetBeans 6.8 or 6.9beta or Eclipse Galileo SR2.

The IDEs have additional advantages besides managing databases and editing SQL and program source code, such as providing quite convenient management consoles for popular Java application servers such as Tomcat or various Java EE products, and handling applications' build and deployment phases.

YMMV. They might represent overkill for some folks. I enjoy the convenience of having everything under one roof.

--
Lew