Re: ERROR: XX001 (Critical and Urgent)

Siddharth Shah <siddharth.shah@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> * fsync is off*

If you are running the database with fsync off and there is any sort
of unusual termination, your database will probably be corrupted.  I
recommend restoring from your last good backup.  If you don't have
one, recovery is going to be painful; I recommend contracting with
one of the many companies which off PostgreSQL support.  (I'm not
affiliated with any of them.)

> I have tried with making fsync on

That may help prevent further corruption, but will do nothing to
help recover from the damage already done.

> Postgres Version : 8.4.3 (Migrated data from 8.4.1)

What do you mean by that?  You installed 8.4.3 and reindexed hash

> What can be issue ? Is it issue coming after database table
> corruption

Yes.

> Can fsync on can prevent such (corruption) scenarios ?

Yes.

-Kevin