Re: Getting the initdb parameter values

Satish Burnwal (sburnwal) wrote:

I have an existing postgres database and I want to know what are the values of the parameters that were determined during initdb. Is there any way to know those values ?

I normally use:

select name,current_setting(name) from pg_settings where source='configuration file'

To figure out all the things that were set at initdb time from a new running database. You can also look at the postgresql.conf file it generated and search for lines that are not commented out with "#" at the start.

greg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx   www.2ndQuadrant.us