Re: "the database system is starting up"

Dennis Thrysøe<dth@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Yes, that tells me that connection attempts are from the local
> host on incrementing port numbers for each attempt.

Is the user your database superuser?  When I start a warm standby I
get one such message per second from pg_ctl for one minute; then
they stop.  Yours keep going indefinitely?

If you are using pg_ctl, can you show us the *exact* command used
(specifically including the -t parameter, if used)?  Does your
process list show any pg_ctl instances running while this is
happening?

-Kevin