Re: Bad encoded chars in being inserted into database

Hi,

I agree with this postgres policy, but what I don’t is that you can INSERT them via application. That is, no bad characters should be inserted into database. The check should be made for both import and insert procedures so no bad chars would appear into database.

Could you please tell us which PostgreSQL version you are currently using? Also it would be useful to know:

* which is your database encoding?
* which is the client_encoding setting you are using?

In general, what you are saying suggests me that you are using the SQL_ASCII encoding at some stage in your session (either on the server side or the client side).

However, before I go on, please answer the above questions.

Thanks,
Gabriele

--
Gabriele Bartolini - 2ndQuadrant Italia