Re: Cannot connect to postgresql - Problem solved - Why / How?

Problem solved.  I don't know why!

Nothing in the pg_hba.conf file or the postgresql.conf file appeared to be a problem. I was still getting password authorization failures. I thought the password had changed, perhaps, without my knowing it. I changed the password to what it was originally was - and it worked! Then I tried to get into my test database with my test user. It didn't work. Then I reset the password to what it already was and it worked. Then I tried this with several other accounts. It behaved the same way each time.

Does anyone know what might have caused this behavior?

Carol