Re: Flush Shared Buffer Cache

Suvankar Roy wrote:

Hi,

Can anyone help me out with how to flush out Shared Buffer Cache in Postgres.

One way would be to restart the database, but I would like to avoid that.
AFAIK, that's the only way. Is there a reason that you need to dump the shared buffers? Perhaps if we knew what you were trying to accomplish we could provide you with a suitable solution that doesn't require a restart...

--
Chander Ganesan
Open Technology Group, Inc.