Re: Catching up Production from Warm Standby after maintenance - Please help

Scott Marlowe <scott.marlowe@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Jennifer Spencer<jenniferm411@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> new ones coming have 5 TB each of RAID disks mirrored across to
>> another 5TB (20 5.4gb spinning disks).  Not sure the RAID level but
>> I think it's level six.  They each have 16 CPUs, and (I believe)
>> 128 Gb of RAM, connected to our NFS network on a 10g switch (at
>> least I think it's the 10 gigabit switch - it might be one
>> gigabit).

> get a battery backed cache if you can.

I'd say that with the rest of the hardware described, performance will
be very disappointing without a good RAID controller with battery
backed cache configured for write-back.  Also, file system (we use
XFS) and mount options (we use noatime and nobarrier), and elevator
(we use deadline) can make a big difference.

-Kevin