To: "Félix Sánchez Rodríguez" <fesanch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: <pgsql-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, April 27, 2009 7:28 AM
Subject: Re:  Creating functions

2009/4/26 Félix Sánchez Rodríguez <fesanch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
Are the functions in PostgreSQL like the Stored Procedures on SQL Server??
If so, could someone post a simple function which for instance inserts a new
record. I just want to have a preview of the syntax of the code. I later
will look up some documentation on this subject.

There are lots of examples in the docs, but here's a super simple one in sql:

# create table test (a int);
# create function addone(x int) returns int as $$
# insert into test (a) values ($1); select $1;
$$ language sql;
# select addone(5);
addone
--------