Can't drop constraint?

Hello,

I don't know how they did this, but I have a table that has a compound field constraint. When I try to insert data into this table from an app I'd developing the query fails because the data supposedly violates the unique constraint on these fields. The fields are first, middle, and last names. The name I'm trying to insert doesn't exist in the database, yet I can't put it in. When I try to drop the constraint, which I can plainly see when I describe the table, postgres tells me that the constraint doesn't exist. How can I fix this?

Thanks,
Carol