Can multiple users own and maintain a database?

Hello,

I have a group of users who are running a maintenance-intensive database.  This database needs to be vacuumed and dumped as often as every couple of hours.  The database owner has asked me to make multiple users all be co-owners of the database.  He wants all of these users to be able to vacuum and dump the database when needed.  The database owner does not want to have a db_owner account or a db_owner role - he'd like all of the users to be able to sign in as themselves and perform maintenance.

I'm having a hard time figuring out if PostgreSQL can do what he wants.  Does anybody have experience creating a database with multiple owners like this?

Thanks for your help!

~ Peter