Re: Regarding access to a user

Shashwat_Nigam wrote:
Dear Tomasz

There are others here, too.

I had done the same but still the problem is like that the user is able to access all the databases in the current server. Even the order is like same and if I comment the second line(all access) then the error is there.
Please provide solution for the same.

It sounds like you didn't bump the server. You have to signal it to re-read the pg_hba.conf file. The link provided by Kevin Grittner

<http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.3/interactive/auth-pg-hba-conf.html>

explains

The pg_hba.conf file is read on start-up and when the main server process receives a SIGHUP signal. If you edit the file on an active system, you will need to signal the server (using pg_ctl reload or kill -HUP) to make it re-read the file.

Did you perform that step?

--
Lew