Re: Privileges to sequences?

Carol Walter написа:
Hello,

I've had trouble several times when granting permissions on tables when I had not also granted permission to the sequence. The sequences may only have select, insert, and usage privileges. I can guess that when I grant select privileges on a table, I need to grant select privileges to the sequence and I can guess that if I grant insert privileges to a table I need to grant the insert privilege to the sequence. I don't know when to usage and I don't know what privileges, if any, I need to grant to the sequence if I'm going to give delete, update, or references privileges on the tables.
[...]

Reading the documentation:
- if you only grant SELECT on the table in question - no privileges are needed for the linked sequence; - for normal usage (selects, inserts, updates, deletes) - the USAGE privilege seems quite handy; - when you need to grant full access to a sequence (rare case) - both SELECT and UPDATE; - UPDATE, DELETE and REFERENCES privileges on the table(s) are not related to the privileges of the corresponding sequence;

--
Milen A. Radev