Re: query optimization

Please send the "explain analyze YOUR_QUERY" output after first run and later. Also please mention platform and pg version you are using.

Suresh Borse rašė:

Good Afternoon !!!

The view executes very faster for the first time.

When I execute the view again and again suddenly it gets slow or it gets hang.

I have also traced the query plan but it changes for each execution.Can we fix the query plan.

I have also tested the view on my test machine but the result was same.

The view contains multi-table joins.

Warm Regards,
Suresh Borse

On Thu, 2008-07-10 at 12:25 +0300, Julius Tuskenis wrote:
Hello, Suresh

Maybe its taking long for the first time, and then its faster? Did you noticed any circumstances under witch your query takes longer to execute?

--
Julius Tuskenis
Programavimo skyriaus vadovas