Re: Who's attached to the database?

Carol Walter wrote:
I'm trying to drop a database and I'm getting an error that says that the database is being accessed by other users. Is there a way I can find out who these users are or if there really is a user accessing it?
Carol, depending on version and options turned on in the postgresql.conf, you probably can have a look in the pg_stat_activity system view:

SELECT datname, client_addr FROM pg_stat_activity WHERE datname = '<db you're trying to drop>';

Otherwise, you can also have a look at the command line on linux servers like this:

ps -ef|grep postgres

or

ps aux | grep postgres

depending what ps variant your system includes.

--
Jeff Frost, Owner 	<jeff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Phone: 650-780-7908	FAX: 650-649-1954