block error, but can't pg_dump

I have a table that reports one block error when I try to select everything, reindex, vacuum, etc. (invalid page header in block 413620 of relation "tablename") I've read on the list that the thing to do is use pg_dump and then restore it. However, pg_dump fails with the same error.

I can't take down the whole server, let alone easily Postgresql, to debug this. Any ideas as to how I could do this? I wrote a Perl script to select the records one by one but it didn't find a bad record although maybe it's how I wrote the script (it just selected the records one by one.)

I also don't know enough about Postgresql data/blocks to figure out which data is in that block and what I'd do with that.

Thanks in advance. P.S. "relation" means the table, not an index, right? I don't see an index with the same name as the table, but thought I'd check.