Re: duplicate primary index in bayes db from SpamAssassin

Michael Monnerie <michael.monnerie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> So probably this is this kind of "should never ever happen" except your
> machine goes bye-bye badly. What makes me a bit worried is that pg_dump
> did not report an error at all, but made it's backup as if everything
> is OK. Could that be changed maybe so that in case of a problem it at
> least cries out loudly "broken db found" or so?

pg_dump intentionally does *not* look at the contents of indexes (at
least not any on user tables).  I think this is a good thing because
it makes it more likely that you can dump a damaged database.  pg_dump
is not supposed to be some kind of fsck-like tool.

			regards, tom lane