Re: Postgres and SUN

Thomas,

Thomas Bräutigam wrote:
Hi Zmi,

Okay thanks for that advice. Sorry its my first day on a mailing list.

But do Postgres have a special recommendation which SUN equipment runs perfect with a Postgres Database?

A time for a query over 30 seconds I would say is to long. So the machine should be fast enough to handle it in 10-20 Seconds. Price for the Machine doesn’t matter at all. The machine should just fit and can handle this kinda huge database.
Sun has published a benchmark on the Sun Fire T2000 Server and the results are published here http://www.spec.org/jAppServer2004/results/res2007q3/jAppServer2004-20070703-00073.html

Jignesh has also done tests on the following AMD and Intel systems, and I believe the results were quite good.

http://www.sun.com/servers/entry/x4200/
http://www.sun.com/servers/x64/x4450/

Regards,
-Robert