Re: what is the origin of postgreSQL time

I gues it would work for you:) It works on 8 servers, still not on this one. Permissions seem to be set ok too. Where does postgresql store its path to timezone directory? Is there any way to see where is it looking for timezone file 'Europe/Vilnius' or 'Egypt' (doesnt work too). In fact works only abbreviated timezones like MEST, EEST, GMT etc.... This beats me. I cant even imagine what to look for further.

--
Julius Tuskenis

Tom Lane rašė:
Julius Tuskenis <julius@xxxxxxxx> writes:
I've noticed that statement SELECT current_timestamp AT TIME ZONE 'Europe/Vilnius' returns me an error:
 ERROR: time zone "Europe/Vilnius" not recognized
SQL state: 22023
Time zone Europe/Vilnius is the systems timezone. I checked in pgsql/share/timezone the file is in there. What could be wrong?

 Maybe there is something wrong with the file
permissions on the Europe/Vilnius file or one of the containing
directories?  If the PG server process can't get at that file
you'd get an error like this.

			regards, tom lane