Reading information from crashed PGDATA

This information I have found in PostgreSQL docs:

Table 52-1. Contents of PGDATA

PG_VERSION	A file containing the major version number of PostgreSQL
base	Subdirectory containing per-database subdirectories
global	Subdirectory containing cluster-wide tables, such as pg_database
pg_clog	Subdirectory containing transaction commit status data
pg_multixact	Subdirectory containing multitransaction status data
(used for shared row locks)
pg_subtrans	Subdirectory containing subtransaction status data
pg_tblspc	Subdirectory containing symbolic links to tablespaces
pg_twophase	Subdirectory containing state files for prepared transactions
pg_xlog	Subdirectory containing WAL (Write Ahead Log) files
postmaster.opts	A file recording the command-line options the server
was last started with
postmaster.pid	A lock file recording the current server PID and shared
memory segment ID (not present after server shutdown)

When I have only folder base or base+global, can I read tables data
from databases in such PGDATA via any tools or methods?