Re: Time Zone in Postgres

I copied the system zonefiles into the postgres database and it works fine now. This is anyway a temporary solution until we upgrade all our systems.

Thanks to all for your suggestions and help.

Tom Lane wrote:
Shilpa Sudhakar <ssudhakar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
As i said, we have version 8.2.4 databases and if i need to just update the timezone files for this database do i copy the zoneinfo files from the OS zonefile or from the newer version of Postgres zonefiles.

If your platform uses the standard zoneinfo format (and if the file
trees look similar, it probably does) then you could just copy the
system's zoneinfo files into the Postgres directories, assuming you've
gotten updated zoneinfo files for the system.

			regards, tom lane